Sometimes it is hard to know God’s will. Other times, you’d have to be blind to miss it.
See, this loving God gave us a house 3 miles from a big blue lake. So when a Tuesday looks like this?
It’s probably inching up to sin to stay home and mop a sticky floor. You don’t dare finish painting the eaves, or stop to put another load of laundry in the machine. If you have any gratitude for this gift of a summer afternoon? Well you better hustle up and gather sunblock, towels, snacks and boys and
Get Thee To The Lake!
Josiah wasn’t as excited as his brothers, bringing books to join me on the shore. He would “just get my feet wet. because it’s hot.” I didn’t push it, and said that would be fine. I knew that in the quiet argument between his inner boy and inner man? A softly lapping lake would have that boy in its muddy grasp within minutes…
Sure enough! Quickly he was a seaweed monster, terrifying the innocent waders and flinging mud like a boy was made to…
1. The pool water is clear and you can tell if anything is swimming up to nibble on you.
2. But the Lake is bigger, and not as cold.
3. The pool edges aren’t lined with “goose grease” like the sandy water edges here.
4. But honking Canadian geese don’t fly directly overhead!
5. Leeches. We didn’t see any but, like Sam said, “ya just never know…”
6. Seaweed and Mud. Way more fun than diving sticks and foam noodles.