40. shelves of books to nourish the mind, feed the soul.
41. Josiah’s tenderness with small children.
42. so many birds at the feeder.
43. exercising to that blasted DVD, when an encouraging boy looks up from schoolwork to say “good job Mom!”.
44. Caleb’s fierce hello and goodbye hugs of his Grandpa Lee, even when he only stops in for a minute.
45. the promise of a library trip sending these boys into fits of joy.
46. black Danskos and his heart, wrapped up and given.
47. the way Sam still spreads out his GI Joes, battles from behind a houseplant.
48. Bible Study Fellowship on Monday nights, the book of John coming alive.
49. photos picked up from Costco, things we forgot we did! Now we laugh and remember.
50. the smell of rain.