What I am thankful for, today:
166. to be home.
167. Josiah’s eagerness and diligence with his school work, and the joy of seeing him grow.
168. Frosty nights are over, and soon I can plant that kitchen windowbox!
169. antibiotics, and healing, and the way sickness helps you appreciate health.
170. After 2 weeks absence: how nice it was to be home in church, and take communion, and worship together.
171. almond butter.
172. leaving all the exotic beauty and relaxation of vacation, but keeping the best part…the laughter and love and his arms tight around me.
173. hummingbirds constantly at the feeder!
174. re-arranging the living room and seeing old things with new eyes.
175. its warm enough to wear flip-flops!
176. waking up gentle: morning light through fresh white curtains.
177. friendship, as it was meant to be: iron sharpening iron. spurring one another on to good works.
178. red tulips, siliently shouting hallelujah, on the kitchen counter.
179. all the photos from the cruise, making sure we’ll be able to always remember.
180. that many friends and family trust me to love their children well-what a privilege!
181. Caleb’s absolute delight in a white, secondhand, $4.oo karate outfit-he never wants to take it off and continually thanks me for finding it.
182. pulling weeds, with the sun warm on my back.
183. John 15:17. when He prayed for my protection.
184. the boys tumbling into the car after a youth group outing, full of joy and laughter and stories of what was said and done.
186. a new steam mop that makes the dreaded chore of mopping, not so dreaded.
187. the stink from under our house is finally gone!
188. how I was continually overwhelmed with the thought “and how did I come to be so loved?” on my 38th birthday.
189. the sound of the dryer tumbling….have I listed that already? I just love that sound.
190. Uncle Deacon’s faithfulness.