Ann’s encouragement at Holy Experience was the impetus that brought me to the decision to record (again-I have dusty old notebooks from the late 1990s, but public blogging is a different, more accountable type of journalling) once a week, my grateful-to-God lists. Her post today was about being “grateful, anyway”
and her words (as always) ring true with Scripture, where we are asked “to give thanks in all circumstances”
So, today, I turn my usual Pollyanna self to a different type of list-making. What are the stumbling blocks, the messes, the rough areas that I can choose to look hard at, not turn away from but instead: linger over, touch, remind my heart that, this…even the very thorns…are gifts to me from a loving Abba father.
201. 2 weeks of hard boot camp sweat, yet no change in the scales verdict.
202. mildew in the washing machine.
203. gray drizzle of rain when i long to garden.
204. behind in schoolwork. always, it seems.
205. that funky smell in the old Suburban.
206. deer eating the tulips, the ragged edge of hostas.
207. a year behind on scrapbooking.
209. i miss being on that boat with my best friend.
210. well water that stains–new white t shirts turning to beige in just weeks.
211. a heart fire for God that sputters cold, too quickly.
212. Doctor appointment dread.
213. ugly red bug bites as vacation souvenirs.
214. weeping over newspaper articles.
215. how the second law of thermodynamics rules this house and property.
216. yellow jackets frantically building nests under every eave.